Sunday 6 December 2015

Ian McFarlane

Ian McFarlane has been a liberal member of parliament from Queensland. It is a safe seat. He has been a rather nondescript cabinet member for a while.

Now it appears he is about to switch to the National party because in essence he lost his cabinet position.

Two things stand out in this.

Why would a person merely switching sides make any difference to a coalition agreement. No electorate vote is involved.

If I was an ambitious younger national MP then I would be pretty unhappy that a political has been will get into cabinet and I didn't.
I can think of least two national mps who should be Ministers now but are not. ( I should state I went to the wedding of one MP and have known him for a while since he worked in the financial markets. i have known his wife longer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment