Sunday 26 May 2013

Political Fact checking

Last week as is my wont I was perusing Mark the Ballot when I came across  the Polifact -truth-o-meter ( on his sidebar.)
Mark the Ballot is essential reading fr any political junkie

I have to say I like it.
( I notice it will be used by Channel 7 from now on).

I like it because I know exactly what they are doing and how they are doing it.

I have only thought one of their falses is incorrect.


  • Gillard introduced an ETS with a fixed price to start with. This is what Howard proposed and what was agreed between both partied when Rudd and Turnbull lead their respective parties.No-one but no-one said on either occasion the government was proposing to start with a carbon tax and then proceed with an ETS.
Apart from that what has been put out is quite logical and makes sense.

It is a welcome addition to Australian polity

No comments:

Post a Comment